Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Computer in Danger with CBProads service

I just wanted to post a brief review of my experience with CBProads. I am sad to say that is a sad experience (and one that could have destroyed my computer).  I run a contest for my visitors. If they suggest a product that they are curious about, I will purchase and use the product and then report my experience.  I really should have this on my product reviews page, but I will post a more brief review there.

In an nutshell, there were two problems:

1) They absolutely failed to return my email asking about product issues and getting help with the product.
2) My computer's antivirus protection system (Kaspersky) through up screaming and repeated messages of banners being blocked due to issues of Malware. 

This happened immediately after logging into my CBProads account and accessing the websites that I had purchased.  I was interested in the niche templates and I purchased the wrong type by accident.  I purchased the niche Clickbank sites.  I should have opted for the Wordpress version since I work with Wordpress.  As soon as I clicked on the niche website links that the system created for me, my computer's protection program started yelling!!. Here is the proof:


The details inside of the messages I saw from Kaspersky is that the problem is from banners and images associated with http://limitless-profits.com .  So I googled that website and I found this link in the search results:
http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1471 - This is a website that has a bad review with a paragraph that says,

"A typical get-rich-quick scheme that claims to sell the "scret software" to making tons of cash on the Internet. In reality, this site is merely identical to thousands of others promoting the usual misinformation about affiliate marketing - deceiving viewers into thinking that the site contains the "secrets" or "code" to making money on the Internet."

I do not know how this website, "limitless-profits" is connected to CBProads but I just know that my antivirus protection program was screaming and warning me for 15 minutes!!

What did I have to do?

I had to shut down my Firefox browser. Then reopen it and delete all browser history.  I restarted my machine. With total faith in Kaspersky,  I went to the website just to see if the same thing would happen again. Sure enough it did.  I emailed this information to CBProads today (after already attempting to contact them two days ago and received no reply).  I doubt that they will reply.  Nonetheless, I will have to go through Paypal to get a refund. I will cite this blog post in my complaint so that they can see it.  I will also report back here as soon as I get a refund.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Newbies and Elite Marketers...
We welcome your insightful posts! Feel free to add questions or comments that will be useful and helpful to our readers. Keep in mind that most of our readers are new to internet marketing. Thank you.

Please Answer The Survey Question: What is the hardest thing about making money online?